Jun 20, 2018

My 2018 Summer Goals


Welcome back to my blog! I've officially been out of school for a couple of weeks, and now that the initial post-exam relief has passed, sometimes I struggle to find ways to keep myself occupied. I wanted to put together a list of goals for this summer and thought I'd share it with you! Here are the things I want to accomplish this summer:

PERSONAL
  • Grow as a person from new experiences. This summer, I was selected to attend a couple of leadership seminars through my school. I attended the first earlier this month, and it was a life-changing experience to say the least. I learned so much about personal, group, and societal leadership and can't wait to incorporate those lessons into my everyday life.
  • Read more. Besides for required reading, I hate to admit I only read one book for my own enjoyment last school year. Reading expands the mind, so I'm not limiting it to novels - I'm open to reading new blogs, memoirs, etc.! Please leave recommendations below!
  • Write short stories. I used to be such an avid writer, but unfortunately during the school year there is little time to spare for my personal passions. I love being given prompts and developing my own stories around them. Recently I found this list of prompts I really love.

HEALTH & FITNESS
  • Work out at least 5 times per week. I've been trying to work out consistently since January, but since I have so much more free time this summer, I'm increasing both the quantity and duration of my workouts. I recently joined a gym and love using the elliptical and swimming laps in the pool.
  • Improve my tennis game pre-season. For those of you who don't know, I play tennis for my school. Conditioning starts pretty soon, and I want to work on my strokes and serves.
  • Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. This is super important to me because honestly, I have an unhealthy sleep schedule. Too often I stay up finishing a movie and then sleep in too late into the day. Sleep is crucial to my well-being and I know setting a sleep schedule now will help during the school year as well.
BLOG
  • Collaborate with more bloggers and companies. I absolutely love getting to work with different bloggers and companies. This is something I've been doing more and more lately and I'd love to expand on that this summer! If you are a blogger or company and would be interested in working together, please feel free to reach out and I will get back asap. 
  • Expand my audience and outreach. This ties into the previous goal. Networking is so important and I want to work on catering content to a wider audience and reaching more readers, bloggers, and companies alike. I'm thinking about creating a blog-specific Instagram account.
  • Plan for the school year. This is so important to me - maintaining a school-blog balance will be impossible if I don't plan ahead this summer. I want to create some sort of a blog calendar - if you have tips or printables, please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading! Be sure to stay tuned and keep in touch. You all are so amazing and I hope you have the best summer yet!
What is your biggest goal this summer?

13 comments:

  1. These are great goals, good luck on them:)x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great goals! Growing as a person takes time! Remember that it won't happen over night! You will grow if you let yourself, and it looks like you are doing just fine!

    If you want to collaborate on a post I would be happy to do that with you! A wellness post could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vanessa! That's something I always keep in mind. Personal growth is a lifelong journey.
      I would love to collaborate - check your inbox!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this post! I think goals are SO so sooo important to have. I've made goals in the past but sometimes it is really hard to stick to them so I try to just do what I can. I think just keeping them in mind is a good start so you don't feel pressured to do all those things.

    If you ever want to do a collaboration, let me know! I think it would be so much fun. :)

    I hope your reading and writing (plus everything else) goes well! Have a wonderful summer. <3

    xx Kenzie | www.paperpizzablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and if you haven't already visited http://www.abbiee.com/ you definitely should! She inspires me to get motivated and be productive!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Kenzie!! I agree with you - It is important to set goals, but you can always change and alter them as you see fit. I hope you have a wonderful summer as well, and thank you for the recommendation! We should definitely collaborate soon.

      Delete
  4. These are all great goals! I especially love the idea of writing short stories- the list of prompts you linked seems like a great resource!
    -Cailey | caileypearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cailey, thank you for reading and commenting! You're right, they've provided a wide variety of prompts to choose from. I hope you find them to be as helpful as I do! xo

      Delete
  5. Posts like this always inspire me to become a bit more motivated and create goals/a list of things that I would like to accomplish in the near future, especially when it comes to blogging/social media.

    One of my biggest goals is probably to just consistently post on my blog, for at least the summer. Unfortunately, I'm not off to a great start, but we'll see how everything turns out. :) Can't wait to read more content from you!

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aliah, thanks so much for reading and commenting! I completely understand what you mean - Creating goals helps me to prioritize and break down what needs to get done so it doesn't become so overwhelming. Good luck on your goal and everything else you want to do! Looking forward to more content from you as well. xo

      Delete
  6. Best of luck, Sanjana! I hope you accomplish all of your summer goals and more. For working out, I highly recommend the 7M Woman workout app. It's amazing! They just added some new workouts too. I've seen results-- super fast!

    If you're looking to collaborate, I would love to!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Guilianna! The app sounds like exactly what I need. I will be sure to check it out.
      I would love to work with you again!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Leave your link if you'd like. :)